Thursday 21 March 2013

My Collage- Photographs


IT’S THE END OF THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT

I have chosen to base my collage on the theme ‘It’s the end of the world as we know it’. I have interpreted this as the stagnation of the British economy, and have decided to photograph derelict factories and businesses. I think this represents my chosen theme, as it shows that change is rapidly taking place in our country- the closing of businesses means a loss of jobs, therefore meaning a change in the livelihood for a large amount of people (hence, it’s the end of the world as we know it). It also shows how Britain- the leading country of the industrial revolution- is falling out of favour, and is sinking into a deep depression- affecting the people who live in this country in a negative way.
 





 









Enhanced Images: For this next set of images, I wanted to accentuate the decay and neglected sense of the photographs. I did this by enhancing the colours, which helps to make things such as moss and rust stand out. This adds to the sense these objects have been here for a long time. I think this acts as symbolism, as Britain’s industrialised economy has been here for a long time, and is experiencing decay and stagnation, much like the vehicles photographed. Adding further to the irony, these vehicles were produced in the UK, symbolising the bad condition the manufacturing industry is currently in.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment